If you are client-oriented and results-driven, and committed to advancing your career in the power engineering field while working with a collaborative and supportive team, we encourage you to apply.
If you wish to apply for a non-technical position, please click here.
Director, Finance and Administrative Services
Teshmont has an opportunity for a Director, Finance and Administrative Services to lead the team of dedicated accounting, finance and administrative specialists. This role also has the responsibilities of the Secretary of the Board. Teshmont is looking for an individual with the right education and experience, who has a desire to work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. The ideal candidate has at least 10 years progressive accounting and finance experience, and has held a leadership role in the consulting industry and familiar with project accounting. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, manage multiple priorities, maintains composure under difficult situations and is an effective delegator.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Undergrad degree or diploma from a recognised educational institution
- CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation (required)
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Computer fluent with MS Office and Accounting/Financial software (Deltek Vision or other project accounting software preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Progressive thinker with a desire and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Proven written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; hedging foreign currencies, making investments; and insurance dealings.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports for the President and Board of Directors as required, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal and taxation requirements by studying existing and new legislation and taxation rules; enforces adherence to requirements; files financial reports; and advises management on needed actions.
- Ensures compliance with Corporation laws, tax laws, government laws in foreign countries in which the organization does business
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparation of power of attorney documents;
- Review, negotiate and process client and corporate contracts;
As Secretary of the Board
- Prepares meeting minutes
- Maintain corporate records including board and shareholder minutes, bylaws, articles of incorporation, resolutions, power of attorney documents, shareholder proxies, corporate filings, contracts, insurance policies, insurance certificates.