Power System Studies
High voltage power transmission technology is constantly evolving. Because of this, making informed decisions can be difficult without expert advice.
Our knowledgeable and capable power transmission experts will work with your project team to ensure the decisions made are informed by the most recent available data and analysis techniques, as well as recent trends and industry practices.
We have carried out a wide range of studies on many of the world’s major power transmission networks, both HVDC and EHVAC.
The types of studies we perform include:
- Feasibility studies
- System planning studies
- Operational planning studies
- Interconnection Studies
- System restoration studies
- Power flow, short circuit and dynamic studies
- Renewable energy integration studies (e.g. wind, solar, storage)
- Transient stability analysis
- Small signal stability analysis
- Electromagnetic transient studies, such as insulation coordination, Transient Recovery Voltage (TRV) and resonance studies, and control interaction studies
- Reliability and economic analysis
- Subsynchronous resonance studies
- Harmonic analysis
- Model validation and custom model development
- AC and DC filter design (performance and rating calculations)
- Protection coordination studies
- HVDC electrode design and interference effects
- Electrical and magnetic effects of DC and AC transmission lines
- AC/DC system interaction analysis
- Arc Flash Studies
- Probabilistic Asset Management
- Geomagnetic Disturbance (GMD) Analysis
We are well-versed in a variety of standard and industry-leading specialized tools, including PSS/E, PSCAD, EMTP, BPA Loadflow and Stability, PSLF, DSATools, ASPEN, CAPE, EasyPower, ETAP, and E-TRAN as well as fully validated specialized software tools we’ve developed in-house.
Whatever your project needs, scale or challenges, you can trust Teshmont to optimize the accuracy of your system or equipment data, perform the analysis, and work with you to achieve your goals efficiently.