Growing Demand for Electrical Engineering Experts
The need for reliable power has never been greater. The power transmission industry faces deregulation challenges, with continuously growing environmental concerns. The reliability of existing infrastructure is being questioned as the world experiences increasing numbers of blackouts.
Teshmont Owner's Engineers Meet the Demand
The role of the Owner’s Engineer is critical in the execution of projects big and small. Responsibilities of an Owner’s Engineer may include:
- Project evaluation, feasibility studies, and the development of alternative solutions.
- Developing a detailed scope definition at project inception, including size, location, schedule, labour and technological requirements.
- Reviewing the scope in the context of business objectives. Assessing/proposing capital budgets, offering financial planning, and completing cost/benefit analyses.
- Considering technologies and keeping on trend of advances in the industry.
- Carefully developing schedules and design criteria.
- Preparing Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts for HVDC projects.
A Wide Variety of Services Built on a Wealth of Experience
Teshmont maintains a diverse and experienced engineering department, focusing on a value-added approach with an emphasis on client satisfaction. Our vision is to be the recognized global leader in the planning, study, and design of high voltage power transmission systems and to become the engineer-of-choice in North America and around the world. As Owner’s Engineer, Teshmont will:
- Efficiently work throughout the project as the Owner’s Engineer.
- Represent and respect the interests of the Owner from conception to completion.
- Focus on attaining commercial operation on schedule and within budget, while meeting quality and reliability requirements.
- Develop specifications which will serve as the road map to the Contractor for the entire duration of the project.
- Assist the Owner with tender evaluation and contract award.
- Monitor the work of the Contractor to ensure that the requirements of the specification are met.
- Identify and manage technical risks. Report regularly to the Owner, keeping them up to date on the status and progress of the project.
- Assist with resolutions of problems, mitigate their impact and focus on economic solutions. Involve personnel with expertise and commitment to assist the Owner in reaching their objectives.
Go with the Leaders in Power Delivery Engineering
At Teshmont, we specialize in providing engineering services for EHVAC and HVDC power transmission systems. Our highly skilled staff of engineers and technicians can provide a wide range of services, from limited assistance with specialized studies, to complete project design and implementation support.
To find out more about contracting Teshmont as Owner's Engineer, contact us.