Teshmont, recognized on Aon’s 2017 Best Employers in Canada list, is a world leader in high voltage power transmission engineering. Our team of professional engineers and technicians provide services to clients globally. To support them, Teshmont employs a strong team of administrative support staff.
The Teshmont office in Calgary is looking for a full-time professional Administrative Assistant who excels and takes pride in what they do! Reporting to the Senior Administrator, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide array of support duties.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Incoming and outgoing mail (collecting, opening, stamping and distributing)
- Copying and distributing documents, letters, etc.
- Compiling, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Answering telephones and transferring to appropriate staff members
- Greeting clients and visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Setting up and coordinating meetings
- Petty cash
- Provides support to the Vice President and other managers as required
- Liaise with Winnipeg Office Services
- Coordinate Travel arrangements
- Coordinate the library system coding
- Coordinate promotional materials for local distributio
- Responsible for overall maintenance of the office:
- Office inventory (maintain the inventory; research, price, and purchase office furniture and supplies, while adhering to budget)
- Maintain kitchen (inventory, cleanliness and recycling)
- Coordinate and maintain records for phones, office access
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of Proposals
- Liaise with building manager, contractors, and Winnipeg staff
- Set up accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors
- Business Development – conduct internet opportunity searches and assist with compilation of monthly meeting reports
- Provide support to IS (equipment management and inventory, phones, trouble shooting, workstation setup, printer maintenance, software inventory and licenses, etc.)
- Assist in the set up social events for staff and clients (Christmas, Stampede, general events)
- Perform reconciliation for A/P invoices (office credit card statements, timesheets, consultants and seconded employees
- Co-ordinate client invoicing with Accounts Receivable in head office
Requirements and Competensies:
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in business/office administration/legal assistant
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an office environment. (Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Proficiency with PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), with superior communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills; able to manage multiple projects with changing priorities while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to work with team members within a complex environment, complete assignments independently, work with minimal supervision, and adapt to change, with a positive professional attitude
- Ability to move materials weighing up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Punctual and reliable
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an outstanding benefits package that includes an employee pension, profit-sharing plan, health spending account, corporate wellness program, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.